Anne Mumbi Waiguru is the current Kirinyaga Governor and one of the most popular women in Kenya. There are shocking things you didn’t know about this iron lady, which we’d like to reveal below;
- Anne Waiguru has never dated President Uhuru Kenyatta. Before Anne Waiguru became a public figure she was working at the Treasure where she interacted with President Uhuru Kenyatta. Their closeness resulted to a rumour that the two were dating, it later emerged that they were just friends.
- Anne Waiguru’s first husband was Tonny Waiguru Njuguna.The two lived together for more than a decade but they separated later after facing irreconcilable differences
- She is currently married to Tony Waiganjo who is a popular Nairobi Lawyer. Their marriage took place on 13 July 2019 and was attended by President Uhuru Kenyatta,Raila Odinga,Kalonzo Musyoka,James Orengo and several other dignitaries.
- Waiguru was born in 1969, schooled at Nairobi River Primary school and later Precious Blood Girls’ Secondary School in Riruta where she sat for her O-Level Exams.
- The Kirinyaga governor has 3 children who are all grown-ups.Her first born is above 27 years while the last born is 17 years old.
- She was accused by former Prime Minister Raila Odinga of squandering over Ksh 791 million belonging to NYS.Raila’s push led to Waiguru’s resignation.
- Waiguru’s wealth is estimated at Ksh 3 billion, she is among the richest women in Kenya.
- Her nickname is Minji Minji, which she acquired while campaigning for Kirinyaga seat.
- None of her pair of shoes is worth Ksh 2,500,she disclosed this during an interview with in interview with a popular TV program.
- Her family lives in Kitisuru where she owns a Ksh50 million house
Read our partner’s news on copy trading cryptocurrency blog